Frequently Asked Questions
A data-driven matchup advantage for one team over another. For example: Team A scores more points in the first quarter than any other team; their opponent this week (Team B) allows the most points in the first quarter. To view the Reasons for each team, click the team name under "Reasons" as shown below:
Inside Edge’s pick to win against the spread based on our proprietary “Weighted Reasons” model.
- 5 Stars - A suggested pick with the most confidence
- 4 Stars - Strong Confidence in the pick
- 3 Stars - Confidence in the pick, but not to the 4 or 5 Star level
- 2 Stars - Somewhat confident in the pick
- 1 Star - Mild confidence in the pick
- Very consistent
- Somewhat consistent
- Somewhat volatile
- Very volatile
Let's take Lamar Jackson, for example.
- His most recent 16 games are used in the Best / Worst calculation because he had that many games to use.
- If Lamar was a player with only 6 career games, his Best and Worst 2 games would be used in the calculation
- The best games for Jackson are in red, and the worst are in blue.
- The Best/Worst Games are the average of those reds and blues.
- It's a good indicator of the potential ceiling and floor.
|Best 4 Games Avg||30.2|
|Worst 4 Games Avg||15.3|
Inside Edge, Inc. is a sports data and analytics company that has given professional teams a winning edge since 1993. Our in-depth analytics products, powered by our patented “Remarkable” AI technology, break down big data and deliver key insights that are tailored to specific audiences like teams, broadcasters, sports bettors, daily fantasy players and fans. Inside Edge is a trusted analytics provider for sports including baseball, football, basketball, and more sports to come. Learn more here.